- In Stock
- Product Code:
1% Microencapsulated Retinol Serum With Rovisome™
Our 1% Retinol Serum has now been upgraded to the same winning hydrating serum base as our 2.5% Retinol Serum :-)
the purest and most active form of vitamin A, sustains collagen,
reduces wrinkles and improves skin texture. This serum uses RovisomeTM
technology to encapsulate retinol in a biocompatible natural membrane.
The retinol molecule retains potency and reaches deeper skin layers for improved results. In comparison, products using unencapsulated retinol lose more than 50% active molecules within a month of manufacture.
Use nightly for at least two weeks with increasing results up to 12 weeks. For best results use with SPF sunscreen in the daytime. Each bottle contains 30ml.
What Makes it Great:
- Rovisome ™ technology- Rovisomes are a type of liposome. They encapsulate pure retinol in a natural phospholipid (lecithin) shell. The retinol molecule is released in the skin. This represents the most effective and potent way of delivering retinol to the skin so far developed in skincare.
- Retinol has proven benefits for many different skin types and can help improve eczema, acne, sun damage and the signs of ageing.
Pear Extract - Prickly Pear contains an abundance of polysaccharides -
natural molecules which hydrate and soothe the skin
- Spilanthes Acmella (Gatuline) Extract - The molecules extracted from this flower are prized for their firming action on the skin.
Glycosaminoglycans - This natural polysaccharide delivers fantastic hydration benefits. In the world of skincare, it can be thought of as second-generation hyaluronic acid. Hydrolyzed Glycosaminoglycans are readily accepted into the skin because of their positive charge. They hydrate and improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Retinol 2.5 Serum is silicone-free, oil-free and suitable for vegans.
Apply last thing at night.
All skin types, particularly sun-damaged, aging or scarred skin.
You May Also Like to Know:
- Exposure of the product to sunlight may make retinol less effective, so it's best to apply it at night.
- It is best not to apply retinol *at the same time* as vitamin C, as both of these antioxidants use the same pathways to take effect in the skin. There is better skin uptake if you leave a 20min+ gap between the two.
- Our retinol products can be used alongside our Mandelic/Glycolic acid products. Research shows that using a retinol product in conjunction with an Alpha Hydroxy Acid exfoliant significantly improves its effectiveness in treating sun-damaged skin. Wait 15-20 mins after applying any acid product.
- High oral doses of vitamin A can be damaging to the fetus in pregnancy. For this reason, prescription-based topical retinoids are also best avoided during pregnancy. The body's uptake of natural retinol in non-prescription facial skincare is *very* small. However, the cautious approach is that it is best to avoid all retinol skincare during pregnancy.
- There is a lot of scientific data backing up retinol's powerful skin rejuvenating effect. For info read the article we wrote here.
Aqua, Isopentydiol, Spilanthes Acmella Flower (Gatuline) Extract, Glycerin, Opuntia Ficus-Indica Flower (Prickly Pear) Extract, Caesalpinia Spinosa Gum, Retinol, Polysorbate 20, Pentylene Glycol, Lecithin, Hydrolized Glycosaminoglycans, Benzyl Alcohol, Dehydroacetic Acid, Sorbic Acid, Benzoic acid, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenethyl Alcohol, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate.