Are the shortening days and cooler mornings making it harder to get out of bed? If so, forget the espresso, what you need is a bit of chili fueled pep up and go. Chili for breakfast is a sure fire way to get the engines burning. This habenero chili pepper frittata can be made the day before and eaten on the go for breakfast or brunch. Prepare to be so hot you’ll be smokin’.
• 2-4 habanero peppers, stemmed
• 2 potatoes, baked
• 3 large eggs
• 4oz Monetray Jack cheese, grated
• 4oz roasted sweetcorn
• Handful fresh basil, chopped
• Handful fresh coriander, chopped
• 2 tablespoons chipotle chili powder
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 175C.
2. Make sure your baked potatoes are good and soft. Peel them, then mash them into a deep, lightly oiled baking dish.
3. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. Add the roasted corn as a layer over the potatoes.
5. In a mixing bowl, add eggs and scramble. Add cheese, basil, corander, habanero peppers and chili powder. Mix well.
6. Add sweetcorn in even layer
7. Bake for 20 minutes.