This recipe makes having a healthy breakfast as easy as one, two three – 1) open fridge 2) grab pudding 3) grab spoon. Great if, like me, you are not big on cooking first thing.
Chia seeds are rich in omega 3, fibre and minerals. This pudding is great if you are watching your weight as it is low in calories despite being quite bulky – 28g of chia seeds have only 127 calories. For more about the health benefits of chia seeds (and chia recipe ideas) check out Cooking Detective’s – 17 Benefits Of Chia Seeds: Plus 13 Ways To Add Chia To Your Diet .
• 3/4 cup almond or coconut milk, unsweetened
• 2 – 3 tsp maple syrup or honey
• Dash of vanilla extract
• 4 tbsp chia seeds*
• Nuts, berries, fruit, coconut flakes for topping
1. Add all ingredients to Tupperware container or jar give a good shake or stir and refrigerate overnight.
2. When ready to eat, stir and top with favourite toppings: nuts, berries, fruit, coconut flakes, greek yoghurt…the options are endless