1) For bad acne marks, 10% mandelic acid serum can help to treat breakouts and eliminate the discoloration of skin.
2) If you suffer from monthly hormonal breakouts, reducing your alcohol and dairy intake may help. If this is not enough, try adding the nutritional supplements Vitamin B6, Evening Primrose Oil and Agnus castus (chasteberry).
3) Hands off! Stop touching your face throughout the day. This simple tip can reduce breakouts (and also helps reduce exposure to cold viruses). You pick up bacteria from every surface you touch, from your keyboard, to door handles, to shopping baskets.
4) Carry a pack of oil blotting sheets in your bag to use throughout the day. It will stop oil building up on your face for hours before you wash it off.
5) No matter how tired you are, never leave makeup on overnight. A full cleansing routine is best, but if you find that you sometimes skip this, then keep makeup remover wipes at your bedside table.
6) If you have long hair tie it back off your face at night to prevent breakouts.
7) Oil and dirt from your hair will get onto your pillowcase as you sleep. Changing your pillowcases once a week helps prevent breakouts.